Monday, January 19, 2009

Term 1 week 1

1st journal entry (The times when i feel extrmely bored)
Boredom is an extremely difficult feeling to tolerate orovercome as it dulls the senses and agitates the mind.I can recall a few occasions when i was so bored out of my mind that I almost literally tore my hair apart.
There was one time, it was during a long and tedious lecture by one of the most borning teachers in the school. It was detrimental enough that we had to spend a gloroius afternoon cooped up in the classroom, listening to the garbled theories on physics that bore little relavance to my life and its quality.I remember sitting at my place, so weary that i could hardly think properly. I kept thinking of my friends who were so happily eating their lunch at the canteen. But all that afternoon, Mrs Indra's voice droned on without end. Finally, i dozed off and hit my forehead so hard on the deskthat the sound resounded throughout the silent classroom. Deathly silence reigned for a minute before the whole class burst out laughing, thinking that this was the biggest joke of the year. Even Mrs Indra could not resist a smile. That was probably the highlight of the day for my class.
Another really boring time i had to endure was a trip with my mum to china. It was not visit to any pituresque places of interest like the Great Wall of china, or The Imperial Palace., but instead, a return to the backwaters of Xiamen. By vehicle, the whole journey took around nearly 5hrs from the airport to the village. Once we arrived, i knew from the bottom of my heart that i would not enjoy the six days which i wan about to spend in this place. I tried to be sanguine, but there were no scenic places to visit or interesting sights to view. In the end, i spent most of my six days stuck in my relatives' house, unable to understand the fluent dialect they spoke and unwilling to eat the strange food they cooked. It was six days of urelenting stasis. and i was relieved only by the thoughts that the days were passing and i would be able to go home.
In my opinion, such times happen actually to sharpen the pleasure of exciting and interesting moments. In retrospect, these events of boredom actually appears to be quite funny, but the times when i had to endure them, life was really really hard to live.

3 comments: